Health Assistant Training School (HATS), Osiem now Saviour Church Nursing and Midwifery Training College (SCNMTC), Osiem was established on 6th October, 2014. It was established by the Saviour Church of Ghana with its Headquarters in Osiem. It is currently the only government health training institution that runs the Nurse Assistant (clinical) programme in the Eastern region.
In 2015/2016 academic year, the school began with the Registered General Nursing (RGN) diploma programme. Programmes being run include:
- Nurse Assistant Clinical (NAC) - 2years certificate programme
- Registered General Nursing (RGN) – 3 years diploma programme
To be a Health Training Institution (HTI) with all the requisite training in life to enable its products function effectively and efficiently in Ghana & beyond.
To train caring, dedicated and innovative healthcare professionals who exhibit leadership excellence.
By the end of the programme the graduate should be able to:
- Act in the favour of the marginalized & the poor at all times when such persons are presented as patients/clients in the health care facility
- Adequately educate patients/clients and their families on caring for the sick and/client at home
- Use the principles of healthcare needs inculcated in them for his or her holistic development
- Identify basic health care needs of the patient/client and family and be responsible & sensitive to such needs
- Act as a team player in caring for the patient, client and family
KEY OBJECTIVES FOR 2018
- Collaborate with Health Training Institution’s Secretariat (HTIS), Saviour Church of Ghana and other sponsors to build bungalows for staff
- Automate the school library
- Building kitchen and dining hall
- Building kitchen and dining hall
- Furnishing the skills lab with state of the art equipment
- Starting RM 2018/2019 Academic year
- Acquiring the services of 2 more midwifery tutors to facilitate commencement of RM
- Furnishing the computer laboratory
- Furnishing the college sick bay
- Procuring a generator for the college
- The Church has completed a multi complex lecture hall and Administration block for the college.
- Acquired more nursing tutors to teach.
- E-Learning platform where students can download books online (www.scntc.org/E-learning.html)
- Automated the library to promote research.
- Built a Kitchen complex with gas installation.
- Furnished the skills lab with state of the art equipment.
- Furnished the computer laboratory.
- In the process of establishing MOU with more clinical sites, namely KNUST Hospital, Korle- Bu Hospital, 37 Millitary Hospital, Tetteh Quarshie Memorial Hospital, Ridge Hospital and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
- Placed students on vacation practicals at these sites, namely: Hawa Memorial Saviour Hospital – Osiem, Fanteakwa District Hospital – Begoro, Municipal Hospital – Kibi, Tafo Government Hospital – New Tafo ,St’Joseph’s Hospital and Regional Hospital – Koforidua, KNUST Hospital, Korle- Bu Hospital , 37 Millitary Hospital Ridge Hsopital, amongst others.
No official residential accommodation for any staff
Dependence on IGF to pay casuals
No bus to convey students for clinicals
Collaborate with Health Training Institution’s Secretariat (HTIS), the Saviour Church and other sponsors to build bungalows for staff
Building an Administration block and dining hall
Migrate 10 casual staff to government Payroll
Starting RM 2018/2019 Academic year
Acquiring the services of 2 more midwifery tutors to facilitate commencement of RM
Coyright © 2019 Saviour Church Nursing & Midwifery Training College. All rights reserved.